How do we convey feeling?
For this six weeks, we’ll be primarily using Photoshop. In the new version of Photoshop CS6, Video has been added to its capabilities (albeit it was already available in previous versions if you had the extended nversion). They also made a lot of upgrades to what you can do with video in PS. Photoshop, most of the time, however is not used for video, and what you can do with it has a very broad range of applications.
- Experimental Video
- 5×5 Mini Project
- Try Photoshop: Video
Another Art Movement that affected a wide variety of the arts. This movement was also in the early 1900s, and is often linked to Cubism.
- Abstract light and colour – experiments in trying to capture and analyse light itself on canvas and many later colour experiments;
- Movement and speed – the analysis of movement and the pictorial representation of speed or the thrusting of dynamic lines of forceful movement across the canvas;
- The plastic dynamism of form and the investigation of form was a specialty of the main theorist of the painters, Umberto Boccioni;
- The interpenetration of subjects – where different elements of a work merge into each other;
- The prismatic or shattering effect that the Futurists ‘borrowed’ from Cubism.
Images from unknown films between 1915-1920.
Try Video in Photoshop: