What’s the value of sound?
We’ll be working with sound most of the six weeks. Your productions should reflect working with sound.
- Intro to Audio Use in the Industry
- Look it up
- Start Planning
- How sound is used in film and video.
- What types of work a sound team may be involved in.
- How sounds effects (SFX) are created.
Look it up
Answer these questions on your blog:
- Around when did sound editing (in the nature of film) begin?
- Who is Foley? Why does he matter?
These are due by the end of class.
– You can work alone, no more than 2 people per group.
– One (1) 60-second shot
– No Camera Movement
– No Visual Editing
– Make it Interesting
– Audio Editing is OK
Create your own Sound Library
– Each student is responsible for creating 5 sounds
– – 2 of the 5 may be ambient tracks
– Create one piece of music to be used for score
Main 6 Weeks Project
– Create an Instructional or How-to Video
– Add in sounds you created post-production