We’ll be working with sound most of the six weeks. Your productions should reflect working with sound.
- Brief Discussion
- Summarize and Share
- Today’s Post
Today’s Work. Brief Discussion at end of class too.
Summarize & Share
Read an article about film and sound or sound design related to film. Be ready to share the 3-5 most important things from it or about it nearing the end of class.
- Provide the link to the article you read, and list the 3-5 important points you’ll share with the class.
- You listened to most of Gabriel Yared’s rejected score last class, and James Horner’s official score. Post your thoughts on these questions: Which do you like better as a work of music? Will a better work of music always be a better score for a movie? Can you say absolutely which would be the better score for the film?
Plan & Create
Pitch due before Thanksgiving Break
– You can work alone, no more than 2 people per group.
– One (1) 60-second shot
– No Camera Movement
– No Visual Editing
– Make it Interesting
– Audio Editing is OK
Create your own Sound Library (each student)
– Creating 5 sounds (Used for Foley type work)
– – 2 of the 5 may be ambient tracks
– Create one piece of music to be used for score
These should be finished by the end of the month.