Before you create a robotic arms using Legos, we’ll be doing a few other things first. You’ve already looked into some robotic arms, seen some videos, and answered a few questions.
Today, we’ll create simple flat robotic arms out of paper.
You’ll need several pieces of colored paper, scissors, and glue.
– 2 degrees of freedom
– base, torso, created from lavender
– first arm, or upper arm, from canary yellow
– second arm, or forearm, from goldenrod
– shoulder and elbow motors from tag paper
– joints fastened with brads
– backed with tag paper for support
– accurate workspace out of light blue attached to tag
– workspace must fit within standard size tag
– specifications listed in bottom left or right of paper
Each student is responsible for their own paper arm.