If you don’t understand why we use Adobe Illustrator, then you’ll need to look into that. The concept relates to Vector vs. Raster, and how Illustrator creates it images. If this sounds like a different language to you, you might want to look into it. It might be important for sometime during this period.
Beauty in Numbers
Project: Create your own piece of Geometric Art
You have a couple options. They are Data Visualization, Fractal Art, Geometric Abstraction, and Op Art. Make sure you choose something that can be developed through this period of time.
Create phase to be finished by Friday, Aug 27
Design Folder to be complete by Friday, Oct. 4
DESIGN FOLDER ASSEMBLY
Design folders should be presented in a manilla folder. All documentation should be stored inside the folder. Documentation for the investigation stage should be stapled on the left inside flap.
Documentation regarding the Design, Plan, Create, and Evaluate should be sorted in that order, stapled to the right inside flap.
Investigate must contain all of the following:
- Problem statement
- Research – notes you have taken related to your project, this could include not from assignments during this six weeks, or notes from your own research for the project
- Design brief – an explanation of the what information guided your investigation and how you plan to use this knowledge to solve the problem
- Design specification – the requirements that your product/solution must meet
- Testing plan – the specifics of how you will determine whether your product met the requirements
Design must contain all of the following:
- An expansive set of brainstormed ideas
- At least two complete unique designs for products/solutions that could solve the challenge, neatly presented
- An explanation of why you chose the design you intend to pursue
Plan must contain all of the following:
- A comprehensive list of materials needed to complete your product/solution
- A detailed, step-by-step description of procedures you will follow to complete your product/solution
- Any other planning used to create your product
Create must contain all of the following:
- Dated Process Logs during your project, documenting in detail your work on the product/solution, including progress, adherence to deadlines, revisions to the design or plan.
Evaluate must contain all of the following:
- Results of product testing (as described in your testing plan)
- Evaluation of the product against the Design Specification
- A detailed assessment of your process and work, for all six IB MYP Tech Criterion; including where you believed you scored on each Criterion rubric